Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bone Scan and Crap

Mon. July 26th

Hello my Faithful Followers! You are all my sheep! HAHA!!!

So I will get straight to the point. To start out, I had my Bone Scan today and it went well, in the sense that I was able to get it done a day early. Other that that, I don't officially know what my prognosis is. If I honestly had to guess.....I don't think it's looking good for me. In my scan, I noticed these "white blobs" ( approx. 3 or 4) in areas of my leg where I know there could be issues. From what I've heard from people who have had the scan, the radiologist's look for these "blob" as a sign of stress fractures.

I go back Wednesday to get my official results. I have pretty much accepted the fact that I will be restarted because of stress fractures. So how has that affected my mood???? Well......I'm PISSED!!!! Honestly, today brought me down a lot. I want to be able to graduate with my platoon, but it appears as if God has a different plan for me right now.

The thing that really sucks about all of this is that if I do have fractures I'm shut down for 30 days. So I would spend a month here NOT training! My company would move forward, and I'm left behind to rehab....which also means that at the earliest, I would graduate in early November....

While all the speculation I have been doing has me down a little, I have also been trying to spin it in a brighter light. This is what I have....

1) Another months pay not spent
2) A chance to improve my push ups and sit ups to 100
3) Opportunity to learn more about perseverance, determination
4) God has a plan that I don't understand, and eventually I will
5) I signed up for a reason, and I'm not leaving until I've graduated, no matter how long it takes.
6) Maybe I'll leave a greater impact at a new platoon/company.
So I'm working with that right now. It's just that I'm expecting/preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. When I get the official results, you all will definitely know what's going to happen. As of right now, I would say family day may be in jeopardy, but I probably won't know for sure until later this week at the earliest.

On a brighter note, tomorrow we are throwing grenades! I'm really excited for that for 2 reasons. One, it's a F****** GRENADE!!! and Two, it's a point in training that keeps me from repeating the previous week! So, if I get restarted, I shouldn't go back at all. I should pick training back up in this week when I'm healthy.

Other than that, just keep praying that I'm Okay!

This Time "REALLY EMBRACE THE SUCK"

SPC Martin

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay i get a birthday shout-out! boo to matty being there EVEN longer!

    ReplyDelete