Saturday, July 31, 2010

RESULTS................Tues. July 27th

Hey Everybody,

Well, as the header explains, I got my results today. How you may ask if I was supposed to be throwing grenades? Well, about 30 seconds before we left, I was told to stay back and not train. GREAT! So at this point, I'm in limbo. I didn't go to sick call for my results because I was supposed to train, and now I'm not training, and no way to go to sick call.....

The was the case until I found out that a kid who had eye surgery a couple weeks ago had an appointment today. He needed a battle buddy and I luckily was picked to stay with him. So we head to the clinic and I take this opportunity to take care of my business. Smart right???

About 4 hours later(1200) I finally get seen. I sit down in the chair and the physician Assistant pulls up my results.
"Swelling....blah....blah......Signs of stress fractures in both medial tibia's"

So, I have stress fractures in both my knees, which was causing the pain in my leg. FML

So the PA puts me on a 30 day No Training profile. I can't do anything physical with my legs until August 26th which at that point, I will be restarted if the days work in my favor. It is also 2 days before family day, and I have no idea what would happen then.

There is a 1% chance of me receiving convalescent leave which would allow me to come home for 30 days and rehab at home. Basically a miracle needs to happen in order for that to take place. The company hates convalescent leave because soldiers have come back and then quit. Thanks Assholes!

Most likely, I will end up hanging around the bay all day.......everyday.....for 30 days while everyone else is training. I'll be stuck w/the guys who want to quit, who want to leave. All I know is that I"M NOT QUITING! I've already devoted too much time and effort to let this shit keep me from finishing. I'll do whatever I have to for that Blue Chord. and Cross Rifles.

So I'm gonna do my best to stay motivated! And I'm counting on you all to help me!!
I wish I had better news......
SPC Martin

PS Looks like I'm going to miss MLB playoffs and a good portion of the Football season

PPS - Finally got Katie's letter....somehow it got mis-sent but I got Brianna's pictures and she's still the cutest niece in the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment