Monday, July 26, 2010

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010

Hey Everybody!

Currently, the leg is behaving, lets hope it stays this way until Tuesday. I'm able to rest it all day for the most part since I am on a no running profile. I still have a dull throbbing in my right leg which is what has me concerned. Either way, whats done is done, and I'll find out soon enough I guess.

On a brighter note, today we went to the Firing Range! We worked with both the iron sights and the Red Dot Optic Sight. Overall, my grouping (How close 5 shots are to each other) was very good. It seems I may be a natural shot, but a lot still needs to be accomplished, and I still have A LOT of rounds left to fire. It was fun to finally get out with my platoon and get some training in after spending Monday and Tuesday at sick call. Basically for the next 2 weeks I will eat, sleep, drink with my rifle. EVERYTHING revolves around our M-4 from here on out and I'm really looking forward to it assuming everything goes according to plan.

Other than that, not much has really changed. I will say though, that yes MOM, that is Me in that picture. 227 is my battle buddy. He's 17 and from Sacramento. The good thing is that he's more mature than a good number of the other guys in my platoon. By this I mean.....the 22 yr. old guy who is a pathological liar! Seriously, he lies about EVERYTHING! He just doesn't know when to stop. Supposedly he has 3 girl friends, and told one of them in a letter that he is currently in a hospital in Afghanistan after an IED exploded and he was hit by shrapnel... Well, you can imagine DS "W"'s reaction when he saw this letter......He read the letter out loud to all of us and pointed out all the bull shit. I was actually surprised at how in control DS was considering he's been there and has seen his buddies die. It was pathetic at best. The kid now constantly gets ragged on for his "Afgan Tour" by every company. We have what's called "PNN". Also know as the Private News Network. The PNN is how we disseminate information among other platoons and companies. Let me tell you, word spreads FAST!

The next morning, my entire company knew. 3 days later, the companies down the hill (much further ahead than us) knew. Needless to say, he can't go anywhere without someone saying something involving that story. It's hilarious! Anyway, that kid is being discharged much to the satisfaction of all the DS's he has pissed off/lied to over the past 4 weeks, OH, and the fact that he is a restart, oh and tried to forge his PT test.... One more jerk/ass---- out!

Mom, I did order pictures. I did the DVD and like the $30 - 40 bundle that has I think 2 8X10, wallets and something else. Feel free to order more if you want. Maybe the class yearbook.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
1.) received a letter from Heather in Belize. If you haven't sent me one yet, you are in trouble......
2.) Grandma, every letter makes me want pie.
3.) NL WINS!!!! Suck-it Joe
4.) Breakfast has become my favorite meal
5.) Mom, be prepared for French toast
6.) Granny Smith Apples make my day
7.) PNN is how the MJ story started (note from Mom: that's when Matt said the word out was Michael Jordon was killed in an auto accident)
8.) RIP Steinbrener...... I still despise the Yankees
9.) Id love to sit on a patio and drink a beer
10.) You know you're in the Army when....You're told to "F--K Off" for doing exactly what you were told to do......

Love you All,
"Embrace the Suck"
SPC Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment