Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Platoon....

Tuesday July 6th

Hey Everybody!

Today I figured I'd talk a little bit about my platoon. So far, we have a decent group with about 5 or 6 guys who are either lazy, an asshole, or a lazy asshole. For the most part, a large number of us have it together and rarely screw up. It's normally the same people doing stupid things over and over. Some have been stupid and talk back or pout to the DS, leading to us getting smoked.

Yesterday was terrible! We went yard I think around 15 times. Each time we go yard is about 1/3 mile. This alone, with push-ups, flutter kicks, vertical arm clap, etc. and your body is exhausted. When DS "W" is in charge, days tend to be like this. At least our platoon will be in shape.....

DS "W" also found it fit to have us disassemble all of our bunks in our bay each morning. Reassemble before bed and repeat. With all this, we managed about 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night which is always rough when you get up at 0400. Our platoon is always hesitant to do something around DS "W" because it seems like no matter what we do, we get smoked. He definitely leads/trains by fear and punishment. Not exactly my style, but I'll manage...others won't though.

On July 4th my platoon/company did not get to enjoy any festivities, while many others did. I found this out at Mass on Sunday which was very refreshing. It was great to get away from the DS for about 2 hours and clear my head and just relax and count my blessings. it was some much needed rebooting time.

This week we're focusing on First Aid and Combat Survival Skills. Next week I believe we're doing Land Navigation and that should conclude Red Phase!

I do have a couple of guys that I get along with really well. Hughes and Hernandez were both in my reception platoon and we're in the same one now. They keep me laughing and help deflect/vent all the negative shit that the DS dump on us. For the most part, I get along with everyone, but I also call out people on the BS (may or may not be good....) Anyway, I think the first batch of letters is in and we'll get them before lights out. Hopefully I have at least one. I've really been looking forward to reading what's going on in the real world.

As long as I have time, I may respond individually, but we'll see. PLEASE KEEP WRITING

I LOVE YOU ALL

October 1st Countdown: 87 days

SPC Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment