Thursday, August 5, 2010

DOUBLE-TIME!

Saturday/Sunday July 31-August 1

Okay so to keep up my work this week, I have combined my Saturday and Sunday letter into one since the Saturday letter would have just sat in the mail room until tomorrow.

So Saturday.........It SUCKED !! Let me explain my day. Wake up and go to formation. Watch everyone PT for 1 hour. Head to breakfast, come back. Sit on my ass for the next 5 hours watching everyone else working on hand-to-hand combat. Throughout this time I had to constantly remind myself that it is only like this on Saturday. If I have consecutive periods like Saturday, I may go crazy (seriously..) We eventually go back inside and cleaned weapons for a couple of hours. I will say this though....For as terrible as Saturday was, we did manage to grab 9 hours of sleep!! Yes, 9 hours. The last time I slept that long was back home. Needless to say it was amazing and brought me along quite well into Sunday.

Today has been really easy so far....(trying not to ruin it....) We cleaned the bay and went to Mass. We walked there (about 2 miles) and my knees still feel good, which is good news. I probably shouldn't have walked, but no way would the DS have driven me (could've asked, but didn't). I didn't need him to tell me that if I couldn't walk, I couldn't go, so I walked. It's always good to go get my Jesus on especially with everything that's been going on the past couple of weeks.

Other than that, we've eaten all 3 meals and that pretty much sums up my day as of 19:00.

On the possible scenarios with my knees....Well, more of one that I've been thinking about, which, to me, makes a lot of sense. The outcomes could be positive or negative, so here it is....

I'm beginning to believe that my company will keep me here at least until my profile ends August 27Th(the day before family day). You (Mom, Dad, Anyone else) will come for Family Day. We'll get to do whatever we want. You'll leave Sunday night and Monday I will go to sick call and get X-rays/Bone scan and look for progress. Depending on the progress/lack there of, my company will then finally make a decision on what the hell to do with me. At least this makes sense to me, but we'll see. I don't want to keep pushing the issue with my DS's. They have referred to my situation as a Catch 22 and an anomaly. Awesome right???

So with all this in mind, I've already started planning for the worst. I will get restarted. I will not graduate October 1st. Most likely, my knees won't heal that fast and I will get picked up in Mid-November in week 4 or 5 of my company's next cycle. If this is what happens, look for me to graduate in Late January/early February. Hey, at least I'll have money saved up! A better case scenario would have my knees healing faster and picking up with another company. Everything revolves around good timing. I guess we'll find out eventually.

On another note, orders have begun coming in. Our platoon is waiting until every one's are in. Other platoons have begun passing them out. So far, 3 or 4 people are headed to Germany - 1 is going to Ft. Drum (NY) another to Ft. Carson (CO) and all the National Guard to wherever their from and the closest base. So to answer your question of "Well Matt, where do you want to be stationed?" I'm glad you asked. If I had a choice (which I don't) my top 3 are as follows.
1. Ft. Bragg (NC)
2. Ft. Carson (CO)
3. Ft. Hood (TX)

Now, I'll have my orders and they should stay the same, but if it takes me a long time to graduate, I may have to fill a different need and my orders could change.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a phone call tonight, but doesn't look like it's going to happen....guess my letter/blog will have to do for now.

Take Care Everyone
SPC Martin

Send me lyrics to songs - really looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment