Monday, August 2, 2010

Might As Well Write Another

Thursday, July 29th

Hey Everybody!

I'll start out with Happy Birthday Allie! I already said it once, but I'll say it again since I got your card today. I also got cards from Holly, Aunt Barb and Susie. FYI: If the cards "sing" then I have to dance. I will leave this at your discretion....
Alright, so today I led the quitters and Hughes(fine....we were equal ---me and Hughes) as road guards for a Turning Blue Ceremony. Basically, we directed traffic for about an hour and a half. Anyway, the ceremony is the day before graduation, and it's when you receive your Blue infantry chord, which is a HUGE deal. The ceremony itself is only about 30 minutes, and then you can leave with your family for the day. I made sure only handicapped people parked in this one lot. Of course I let people use the lot to drop people off though. It's amazing how much authority civilians think we have since we are in the Army. HAHA! Well, one person tried to drive through without a handicap placard/license and another guy was driving up to pick up people and said "VP pick-up". Okay .....Guy....whatever. I remember you trying to park here not 25 minutes ago. HAHA!

What was really funny about today revolved around 1 guy. This guy in my platoon was restarted today/ from week 9. The class that is graduating, is his old company. It just so happens that this guy happens to be.....well....a douche.....
He was caught writing a letter to a girl who is his "fiancee" about how his platoon/squad was hit by and IED in Afghanistan and he was being transported to a hospital, but that everyone made it out alive. I also turns out that this kid is a pathological liar. He lies about everything! Seriously, he has no idea when to stop.....he just keeps going. So I suggested to DS that this guy accompany me, Hughes and the others to the turning Blue Ceremony. Needless to say his reaction was awesome. You may think what I did was cruel, but this kid has bad ju-ju/karma and something like this was heading his way. So as you can imagine, he took a lot of shit from his old DS's and the guys in his company. No worries though, Everyone was glad to see that he was "OKAY" from the "IED attach" God Bless PNN HAHAHA!

We got back from that detail and I had to head to the dentist. Supposedly I had 1 more tooth that needed work. It took like 20 minutes and I was out, so it wasn't that bad. Other than that, my knees are uncomfortable, and stiff. I take Alieve and Calcium pills to help, but I broke my profile probably 7 times today because of the stuff I had to do. If I keep it up, I don't know if my knees will ever heal.....Plus, it's hard not to do anything!

In the other news, Mom, non of the DS's read our mail. They do however search the internet for keywords and it just so happened that Hughes's blog was found. It was by total chance. To solve this potential issue, there is an option that you can check which either allows the blog to be searchable or unsearchable. You can make it unsearchable if you like. I'm not really worried about what I've said, because I try to be as honest as possible. If it does get found, I'll let yo know and you can change the web address and e-mail it to everyone. For now though, just keep doing what you've been doing!

What else.....Well, I guess I've kinda accepted the fact that I'm going to be a Benning for a long......long.....time. If I graduate in December, I would be surprised. The one good thing is this though, I can't spend any of the money I'm making. Needless to say, I'm going to have a kick-ass home entertainment set up HAHA. Who knows....maybe I'll even go 3-D! (But probably not)

Anyway, I'd say today has been a good day.
Take care and Embrace My Suctacular Suck!!!!
SPC Martin
PS> Send me son lyrics of songs I like, Help me stay entertained. Oldies, Country, etc.

PSS. May have already talked about that one kid. I sometimes lose track of what I've talked about.
Oh, and before I forget.......A shout out or 2....

Hey mom and Carina hope you guys are doing fine and are as excited as I am for Family Day.
PFC Hernandez

Dear Mrs. Hughes,
I tried to get your son to say something, but he's being lazy. Make sure to call him out in your next letter HAHA! Glad you and my mom are exchanging stories. Oh the friendships OSUT breeds!!
Take Care,
SPC Martin

Hey Mom and Jesry (hard to read the writting - hope this is correct, if not I'm sorry - (Matt's mom)
Just wanted to say Hi and I can't wait to see you! I got to go to rehab tomorrow for my arm so as SPC Martin stated "Embrace my spectacular Suck!" HAHA
:) Love you guys!
PFC Habisch

No comments:

Post a Comment