Sunday, August 8, 2010

Today Is Something......Right?

Thursday, Aug. 5th

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

TO ME!!! HAHAHA

Well as you know, today is my birthday. I think my present from the Army will be push ups. Today s weapon pre-qualification. Supposedly we're shooting 3 times today, each with 40 rounds. Also supposedly, if we shoot well enough, we can keep our score as our actual qualification. So if I shoot expert today (lets hope so) I won't have to shoot again tomorrow (again supposedly), There is also a rumor going around that they are handing out day passes for those who shoot expert. We've already been talking about going and seeing a movie if we get them. So wish me luck, even though you won't be reading this until after I've qualified.

Oh, figured I would explain some of the firing positions from my last letter. Prone supported means I have my rifle resting on sandbags while I fire. It offers the most steady firing position laying down. Prone unsupported involves me laying down, but nothing is in front of my rifle. This allows (potentially) more movement when I fire. Kneeling is just what it sounds like. You're on one knee while targets pop up and you shoot. This is the most unstable position to fire from.

Yesterday we were fitted for our Class A green uniforms. They look GOOD! We also got our Berets and a few other items. Someday, whenever I'm able to leave Ft. Benning, you will personally know just how ridiculously good looking I am...... HA HA HA ! Had to say it!

This Saturday there is a concert that we get to go to! I have no idea who's playing but either way we get to get away from the DS's, enjoy soda, energy drinks, pizza, and anything else that isn't "good" for us. However, this all depends on us not screwing up in the next few days, and hoping the DS's forget about the dumpster diving incident from Sunday. The story goes that two guys from my platoon were taking out the trash on Sunday. As they get down there, they look around the trash to "investigate". Well, during this search they come across unopened containers of Honey Nut Cheerios. So what's the best plan of action???? Yes, that's right, lets eat them! So while commencing in this disgusting act, another DS from another company catches them, gets all the information he needs, and reports them to our company. Needless to say, Monday we got smoked and threatened with Red Phase..... So we have to be good.....

The last thing I want to say is.....THANK YOU ALL for the cards and letters and pictures (Lindsay)!! You all constantly make everyone jealous and me proud to have you all as my family and friends!!!

I've opened a couple of cards so far, but I'm saving the rest for tonight when I get back from the range.

Love You All & Embrace the Suck
SPC Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment