Friday, August 6, 2010

The Range...........Wed. Aug. 4th

Hey Everybody!

Alright, so I have to be quick, I only have a few minutes to write and I wanted to tell you about the past 2 days.

Monday and Tuesday we went to the range. Monday we used this system that helps us "zero" our Red-Dot sight. It uses microphones to register the location of a shot and it appears on a screen by the shooter. You adjust your sight until you start hitting the center of the target. Well for me, it took a while. Non of my first 18 shots registered on the screen. This means I was missing the target by more than 6 feet. Not good....but I also knew it wasn't me, but my sight was WAY off. So I head to the lane with my DS and we get things squared away. We are then given 22 rounds to use. We get in our lane and fire 22 consecutive shots at targets ranging from 75 meters, 200 meters, and 300 meters. My first time through I hit 19. My second time through I didn't miss! 22 out of 22!

Tuesday we headed to a pre-qualifying range. This time we had 40 rounds for 40 Targets. This time the targets range from 50m, 75m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m, and
300m. We took 20 shots from the prone supported, 10 prone unsupported, and 10 kneeling. So my first time through, I shot 35 out of 40. 1 away from EXPERT! So I knew this was good, but obviously I wanted to shoot expert. So we all went again. This time I shot 37 out of 40! If you are 300 meters away, watch out HAHA!

Well, we qualify on Friday with more pre-qualifying Thursday. Today we are getting fitted for our dress uniforms. Wish me luck for Expert. I really want that badge for my uniform.

Also......Thank You Everyone for all the Birthday wishes!!!! I haven't read any of the cards yet because I'm waiting for tomorrow, but I can't wait!!!

Embrace the Suck
SPC Martin

PS - I'm officially a mid-20's person now... I feel old, especially around 18 yr old's.

Mom & Dad
Got the razors & cards! Thanks for the birthday present HAHAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment