Thursday, June 24, 2010

Matt venting - AWOL's - Monday June 21st

Okay everyone, I guess I wanted to write this letter to bitch/vent/discuss. So here I go. I can't stand people who go AWOL. Seriously, they are the biggest jackasses, not to mention the fact that they represent just how stupid people can be. Honestly, I can't believe people panic that much to actually try and run, in an Army base, surrounded by woods. Where the heat index hits 100 almost everyday, without food or water. No mode of transportation except their legs. They have limited sources for cash and their name is automatically entered into the FBI & US Marshall national database. When caught, you go to Federal Prison for 5 years, will never get a job due to your dishonorable discharge. In times of war, it could be punishable by death. All this trouble because you can't handle 3 months!!! Unbelievable!!!

So you may be wondering where this rant is coming from? Well, I'll tell you. Sunday night I'm asleep. I have Fire Watch for the Third night in a row, this time at 2 AM. So I went to sleep right? Well, it just wasn't meant to be. Because at 00:30 (12:30 AM) "Pvt. W" comes screaming hell and high water that the DS wants all of us up now and lined up in formation in 5 minutes. Well ......Shit!!!! Turns out our DS just chased some guy who he saw outside. Obviously the guy got away, but needless to say we spent the next 20 minutes trying to figure out if the guy was from Reception or if he was downrange at Basic. Turns out the guy was in Basic.

Here's where I have a problem, and I hope someday this shit head reads this and realizes that I'm talking about him. Hopefully he's still in prison, asshole. So back to my problem with all of this. Even at night it is still hot outside and sweating occurs from just standing outside. I had just showered and I'm sure probably about 7 - 800 soldiers besides me did as well. The DS's would have made everyone fall in formation and do accountability check to find out who went AWOL. Sleep is a hard commodity to come by and both sides have been working their asses off for what they signed up to do. So this 1 person has just turned the base upside down as they try to figure out who it is and he ends up pissing off about 800 soldiers.

For those who go AWOL all you need to know is that you are an inconsiderate piece of shit. You're selfish and self-centered which is why you couldn't handle it in the first place. You obviously didn't think very hard about your "commitment" to the Army. You could have puss ed out anytime before you left for Ft. Benning, but instead you made the worst possible decision you could have made, and have most certainly ruined your life. I'll get over the inconvenience you made me go through, knowing that soon you will be rotting in a prison cell. I'll assume foresight is not your best quality. Enjoy you 8X10.

On another note.... There is a pretty cool guy I get along with since he's not a dumb ass. Hughes sent his mom the blog address to read. And if she is reading this, well, consider this your SHOUT OUT from your son! I hope (me personally) that it helps you stay in touch with John a little bit more. So enjoy.

To everyone else, I Love you.
Make sure you have those letters ready when I finally get you my address.

PS. Updated Random List Totals.

2 - AWOL

4 - Longest consecutive streak of Fire Watch duty

SPC Martin

2 comments:

  1. Well...I look at people like that in a lighter stance. They aren't mentally fit enough to handle our lifestyle Matt. When someone ignorantly runs...they are acting out of total desperation. Nothing thrills me more than when the weak try to jolt early: you don't want them making it through training just to end up down range with you...and then running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jon's mom and I am so excited Matt and Jon got to meet and give each other support. Here's hoping they've gotten to stay together in BCT! We will keep Matt in our prayers...
    Jan Hughes

    ReplyDelete