Monday, June 28, 2010

WE'RE SHIPPING !!!! Thursday 6/24

Okay, so as you can tell mom, I made a new purchase. I bought a sweet new Army trapper-keeper. It's Awesome! And, it included a new pad for me to write on which I am very excited about!

Besides all that, I have some great news! I am finally heading to Basic Combat Training starting 09:00 (9:00AM) Friday morning! When we all heard the news, no one could contain themselves. We are finally leaving this hell hole for some Sand Hill action! We knew we should be shipping this week, but it wasn't really ever official until today. Most everyone is leaving except for about 20 guys. The look on their faces, as they watched all of us set up our bags and get in line, is something I am so glad I did not have to do. They will be in Reception for at least another week. That sucks......What sucks even more, is what happened to this guy......

So the DS had already called out the platoon and the people's numbers within their platoon to line up and organise our bags and the order in which we would leave. So everyone is lined up and the DS starts going over every one's roster number again, just to double check. So everything is going great, he's even added a couple of people who didn't hear their number called earlier. Then he gets to my platoon and the #10.... When the DS gets to this number, he kicks the guy out of the line. His pretty exact words for crushing this guy, "#10 that sucks, but get the f**k out of my line." Damn...Now the guy who replaced # 10 is a good guy in my platoon, I wish sometimes the DSs would have a little more tact. But considering it was DS "Duck", I'm not surprised. The guy is an ass. I knew DS's aren't supposed to be my friend or anything, but this guy just seems to love being a dick, and extremely unhelpful. Oh well....at least it wasn't me.

That pretty much wraps it up for me right now. I'm excited as hell to finally get my training started. With that in mind, there is one thing I would like to ask from all of you, and that is, when you think of me and have about 5 minutes, recite Psalm 91 for me. It's known as the protection psalm and has a large following who recite it among soldiers It is as follows.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"
For it is He who delivers you
from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge:
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
or of the arrow that flies by day;
Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But it shall not approach you.
You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
For you have made the Lord, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.

No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and cobra
The young lion and the serpent
you will trample down.

"Because he has Loved Me,
therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high,
Because he has known My name.
"He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
"With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him behold My salvation."

I should have my address Soon! Love you all.
SPC Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment