Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Swearing in


OK, So as Matt's mom I am letting everyone know that Matt has taken his oath and is now officially in the Army. He is in the process of catching a flight to Georgia.
We arrived at the Federal Building downtown at 7:15 A.M. Matt was able to check in with us a couple of times before the actual swearing in Ceremony at around 9:30. A commander from the Air force spoke to the boys before they were sworn in - expressed the necessity for orders to be followed exactly. Her example - we are going to tell you how to fold your underwear - do it the way we tell you - if you can't follow simple orders on how to fold your underwear - how are you going to follow orders that are so much more important and life threatening. It will be interesting to see how Matt folds his underwear when we see him again.

My suggestion - start writing your letters now as things are happening in your life. When I do have an address for Matt - you can get your letters in the mail to him right then. I know from Ben being in the Coast Guard - these letters are very important and the more the better - so start writing now.

Thanks to everyone for your support of Matt and prayers - these are greatly appreciated by Matt and his entire family.

I will do another post as soon as I hear from Matt.

UPDATE: Matt's flight out of STL was delayed 30 minutes because of rain. I received a text from him around 3:50 saying they were deverted to Memphis because of storms and he was sitting in the plane on the runway waiting for the weather to clear.
I received a text at 9:26 EST he landed in Atlanta, still had a 2 hour bus ride to Ft. Benning. I will not hear from him again until the army decides to let him call.

No comments:

Post a Comment